Here is the 411 on places you can take your Christmas tree to be recycled. Please remember that Christmas trees brought to the site should be free of all decorations, untied and without plastic bags or other wrappings.
You can contact the Customer Affairs Unit at (215) 686-5560 for more information. 2012 Christmas Tree Recycling Program [Phila.gov]
Saturday, January 7
• Greenlimbs will team up on Saturday, January 7 with Whole Foods Market, Queen Village Neighbors Association, South Street Headhouse District, Bella Vista Civic Association and Society Hill Civic Association to chip the neighborhoods trees into mulch. The mulch will then be used in local parks, gardens and recreational centers. For a suggested price of $5, trees may be dropped off to Weccacoe Playground (400 block of Catherine Street) from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on January 7 or in front of the Whole Foods Market on South Street (929 South Street) where the chipper will be stationed from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. join NKCDC, Fishtown and ORCA at Palmer Dog Depot (E. Palmer Street on north side of Blair Street)
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. join Passyunk Square, E. Passyunk Crossing, Newbold Neighbors and Lower Moyamensing Neighborhood Association at Columbus Square Park (13th & Reed Streets)
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. join Northern Liberties at Liberty Lands Park (3rd & Poplar Streets)
• 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Bartram’s Garden (54th & Lindbergh Blvd.)
• 1-4 p.m. at Marconi Plaza (Broad & Oregon Streets)
Sunday, January 8
• 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. join the Logan Square Neighbors at the Boy Scouts parking lot (22nd & Winter Streets)
• 1-4 p.m. join the Friends of Eastern State Penitentiary (22nd & Brown Streets)
• 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. join Green in Chestnut Hill at Norwood Fontbonne School on Sunset Ave
• 1-4 p.m. join the East Mt. Airy Neighbors at Gabbie’s Garden on Chew Avenue, just below Mt. Airy Avenue. Suggested $5 donation.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. join UC Green and the University City District at Clark Park (43rd and Chester Streets)