I am a fan of soup. But I am pretty much the only one in my house that is… so to make a batch usually ends up being a waste. Finally I went into Doc’s Soup Bar on Girard.
Here is what you need to know:
1. You should go because it is surprisingly good…(kick ass actually)
2. The inside is a dive & super tiny / It is not even wide enough for an umbrella stroller.
3. They have an amazing knack of using just the right amount of herbs.
4. The soup is thick, chunky and chalked with veggies.
6. Ignore that list of 101 soup that is posted everywhere. They serve 5-10 varieties that change every day. Find out what they are serving today on their Facebook page.
7. You can sample the goods before you buy it.
9. They work on a fairly slow speed but are super nice.
10. You can ease drop on the Fishtown construction workers political conversations…true.
11. There is a stuffed monkey on the wall that whistles and says I love you when you walk in. Now that you know that play it cool.
…thanks Rooju for recommending this one!