Duck, Duck ,Goose
Play Room and Toy Store
*Closed Sept 1-4th 201221 South Centre St. Merchantville, NJ visit site> $6.50 / child Hours
Monday – Friday
9 – 4:30 p.m. Saturdays: special events / classes / parties
Babies are magic aren’t they? But the first year when they can’t sit up or walk it can be really tough and your days can be super long. It is okay, you are not the only one thinking the first year can feel like lock down…(but wonderful). Finding places to go the first year can be really tough which is why I would like to call out a new place that is just over the Besty in Merchantville. Never heard of Merchantville, me neither but that is where Duck, Duck, Goose playroom is located.
Cozy, bright, clean and all the wooden eco friendly toys you can imagine this is a really nice place to spend an hour with your little one. To be honest my first thought when I walked in was this is small and will not be enough for O&H. It reminded me of going to a playdate at a friend’s house and playing in their playroom with all the fancy toys I am always looking at on-line. But it took me a few minutes to realize that the size was actually a huge advantage and totally changed the way our playtime normally goes.
Both my boys are really active and are usually running all over the place. Henry often has to take a backseat to me tending to his younger more clumsy brother that is trying to keep up with him.The size of Duck, Duck, Goose allowed them to just settled in and we all played together which, these days does not normally happen.
I would say there were about 7 kids and about 5 adults and plenty of space for everyone to sit and play. On the day I was there a group of three moms were meeting there for the first time for a group playdate. All they kept saying was how cute and great the place was. The kids ranged in age from newborn to 3 years and I think it was enjoyable for them because they actually could sit and talk and not worry about tracking down their kids. The vibe is extremely friendly from the owners to the other moms.
I would recommend Duck, Duck, Goose for anyone that is looking for:
- A new non hectic place to add into their routine that will take up about 60-90 minutes.
- A friendly environment to take your baby and get yourself out of the house.
- Anyone balancing a crawler and walker b/c they will be equally satisfied.
- A nice place to meet up with a friend and have a scheduled playdate.
Duck, Duck, Goose also has some great craft events ($8.00) like simple origami and make your own non-toxic play dough. These events are on the Daily Options Calendar or click here for a complete list of their September Events.
They will also be partnering with All Around This World and offering an under 5 music class and I can’t tell you how that is on so many parent’s hot list come fall. Parents say all the time they are willing to go over the bridge for a great class. I have not taken the class yet but I think it is worth looking into (limited space so don’t dilly dally).
* You can bring your own snacks in.
* They sell chocolate milk and natural fruit juice boxes and snacks.
* There is free coffee for the parent’s. Which I think we all can appreciate.
* There was plenty of 1 hour metered parking out front on the day we visited. A little birdie also told me that there is no meter maid in Merchantville and the meters are kind of on the honor system.
* Since most of us have not been to Merchantville the location can be easy to miss. It is located in between Chestnut and Park Street on South Centre St. If you find yourself at Maple…turn around you have gone to far. And if like me you found yourself further down on S. Centre at yet another lovely NJ traffic circle you have really gone too far.
* You can also find a really nice selection of toys in the event that you find yourself in Merchantville without a birthday present for a special little one.