MARCH 14TH SKI OVERNIGHT GETAWAY
FOR HIPSTER HENRY READERS
BEAR CREEK RESORT
101 Doe Mountain Ln, Macungie, PA 18062 / visit site> (610) 682-7100
Reading HipsterHenry.com does have its perks. Last year Bear Creek Resort became one of our favorite places after an awesome March ski weekend. The bunny slope was perfect for the boys to try out snowboarding, the heated pool at the base of the slopes was about as perfect as it gets and dinner exceed my expectations. All of this and it was only an hour from Philadelphia. To read our complete review click here.
Getting the kids out on the slopes from ski rentals to lift tickets can be pretty pricey. Which is why I am so excited we are doing a special ski event with Bear Creek Resort next weekend! If your family is free for an affordable overnight ski trip an hour outside of the city you will be interested in this!
HERE IS THE DEAL:
When: Saturday, March 14th.
Special HipsterHenry.com Reader Pricing:
- Stand Room with two queen beds: $155
- Lift tickets: Ages 6 and up $25.00. Ages 5 and under ski FREE
- Equipment Rental: $15/ person
Normally resorts like Bear Creek have a two night minimum but they are doing a special one night offer for us! If an affordable ski night with the family sounds like something your family needs call Bear Creek Reservations at 610-682-7100. To receive your special rate make sure you give them the promo code HIPH. If you have any issues with your reservation just ask for Laura Lederer, Reservation Supervisor, Bear Creek Mountain Resort (she is kind of wonderful). Rooms at this special rate are limited so please don’t wait.
- The check-in time at Bear Creek is 4:00 p.m. So my recommendation is that your arrive early in the morning, change into your ski gear and hit the slopes. The resort will store your bags until your room is ready. I am going to pack a bag that has everything we need until the room is ready so I am prepared if the boys want to switch gears and go from the slopes to the pool.
- The outdoor pool at the base of the slopes is heated but not boiling. You should bring any pool floaties your child might need and things to play with in the pool. Not interest in the outdoor pool. No worries there is a smaller indoor pool and hot tub.
- March 14th is Spring Fling weekend and there will be plenty going on so if you are planning on coming do yourself a favor and make dinner reservations at The Grille in advance. To keep cost low you can also order a pizza to your room and crash.
- The rooms all have microwaves and refrigerators. This lets you bring your own snack, drinks and maybe oatmeal for breakfast! They also have a pretty great pancake breakfast in the cafe. Remember you are in PA Dutch Country.
- In the event that you get to slip away there is a spa at Bear Creek.
See you on the bunny slope!