- Popular area for local students, professors, and medical professionals, due to close proximity to campuses and hospitals
- Pletura of public transportation options, including subway, trolley, bus and shuttles.
- Known for large, historical victorian homes
- The shops are shops you can find any where.
- Boundaries: the Schuylkill River to the east; Spring Garden Street, Powelton Avenue, and Market Street to the north; Civic Center Boulevard, University Avenue and Woodland Avenue to the south; and 52nd Street to the west.
- Zip code: 19104, 19139, 19143
- Fun: University City Science Center, Movie Theater, World Cafe Live, Several International Restaurants.