Sibyl’s (city mom) Review of Crystal Lake Pool
In retrospect I am really glad we went with Crystal Lake pool. The three different pools and the large grassy grounds are great. Even when it is busy we have never had a hard time finding a shady spot. The boys love playing in the big kid pool with all the fountains and water jets.
What I like:
- Maybe it is because I am a rural kid turn city mama but I love how much grass there is everywhere. Plenty of room to lounge and play.
- I like that they have a grill out where you can buy burgers and dogs that are really good.
- You are allowed to bring toys to play with in the pool. The boys love their kick boards and little boats.
- The kid pool is really well done and keeps the boys totally occupied.
- The lifeguards are really on top of the older kids that come over and rough play during adult swim in the main pool.
- I like how safe I feel at the pool. I give my boys a lot of rope when we are in a contained space like that… meaning I am watching them the whole time but I let them wander a bit. Every single time I notice other parents looking to see where the parent is or if they can help.
What I don’t love:
- I really wish that there was a parking lot and not just street parking but it is not a deal breaker. Lugging two little ones and all their toys and gear and food can be a bit much some days even with a stroller.
- Kids under 4 are not allowed in the main pool. I was super disappointed with this because teaching the boys to swim is huge to us.
- Swim lessons are not offered until the age of 4. Age this is common more places and a huge bummer.
- I always rate the other moms at the places I go. I can’t say that the other moms are overly friendly. Sharon who is also on this post is the only Mom that has talked to me this whole summer. I do feel there is competitiveness between moms at this pool that I never see at the city pools.
- The high school aged lifeguards are nice but some are smaller than me and I am just not sure they would be able to haul me out of that pool in I was in need.
- Toys sharing can be tough. In all fairness Henry is having a tough time-sharing his pool toys this summer. However it is really hard when kids come over and take the boys stuff without asking. I am a share-o-holic but there has to be some etiquette there.
- Getting tags at the Haddon Township building is like a depressing episode of Parks and Recs. You’ll see what I mean. They are so not busy yet “appear” so busy.